[vox-tech] gimp/latex and fonts

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:19:52 -0800 (PST)

All of LaTeX's fonts are in /usr/share/texmf/fonts if it's installed in
the standard path.  Hopefully the font you want is in Type1 format (.pfb
or .pfa).  Look for it, and put it in X's font path, probably
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1.  Rehash the fontlist (I don't remember how
-- just restart xfs at the worst case, I suppose).

Isn't the font used in \mathcal similar to one of the fancy fonts
(Corsica?) included with Gimp?

-Mark