[vox-tech] Athlon (was Hardware Question)

Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:30:18 -0800

2 cents: i have a 1.4GHz athlon system that was dead in the water.  i
checked everything and bought all AMD approved stuff -- fans, RAM, case,
heatsink.

except the powersupply.   foo told me that there were AMD approved power
supplies.   i bought one off the web and 5 days later i had a working
athlon system.

note -- the supply i was using was a 350W supply.  so it wasn't a lack
of power that was tripping things up.  i'm not sure what "AMD approved"
means for a power supply, but when they don't approve a PS, they
really don't approve a PS!

big weakness in AMD stuff, making it totally unsuitable for the person
who wants to build a system for the first time.

but you have to love the price.

pete

begin Stephen M. Helms <Mytho_X@pacbell.net>