[vox-tech] How I Undid Last Night's Travesty

Richard S. Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:19:53 -0800

It was a bit harder to do than I thought it would be, but not
impossible.  I went ahead and booted linux-rescue with the boot disk and
recopied everything back to the root directory.  Unfortunately, after
that, my X server wouldn't start -- it was crashing when trying to find
a fixed font for some reason.  I found that on my RH7.2 install disk and
recopied it, and then downloaded some more components from Ximian.

Thanks to Chuck Polisher's trick (du -ks * | sort -nr | more) I was able
to determine that it was WordPerfect that was eating up about 10% of my
root partition.  I copied my entire WP installation onto my unused
partition, and that seems to have done the trick.

What a great group you all are.  *sniff*

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com