[vox-tech] What I Did Tonight

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:25:58 -0800 (PST)

Use a boot CD.  For me, that means running the Mandrake installation CD
with the rescue option.  But that's just me.

You *might* be able to boot with u2's partition as the root partition (I
think you pass "root=3D/dev/<blah>" to the kernel at boot).  I can see the
kernel complaining, but it might work.

Either way, copy the files back to the original root partition and reboot.

-Mark