[vox-tech] Question regarding making proxy work

Steven Peck vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:07:06 -0800

OS Red Hat 7.1

I'm on an internal corporate lan and trying my first Linux install.
We're running MS Proxy Server, and I seem completely unable to make the
box see the outside world.

I've added the appropriate entries to the proxy settings in netscape,
and the proxy server asks for authentication, and then it tries to load
the page, but it pukes after about 15 seconds.

Do I need to make changes to the proxy server? Do I need to change
settings on the Linux box? Do I need to just rewire that network port
directly to the backbone on the far side of the proxy? <G>

Thanks...