[vox-tech] netmask question

ME vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 12:22:39 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Stephen M. Helms wrote:
> Erik Mullinix wrote:
>
> >Please remember that No octet can go above 255 or it will become non
> >routable and may  not update in any local ARP's
> >
> >Hesp
> >
> What it worked for Sandra Bullock's character in the movie "The Net"!  ;)

Perhaps an 8-bit operation led to an ignored carry-flag being set, and a
wrap-around occured?

Or, if the higher valued number could be considered a value in octal,
perhaps, we can find the "real IP address" she was trying to connnect up
to use and then break this government conspiarcy?

OTOH, it seems it was about "pi" which seems to be referenced in "Revenge
of the Nerds", the movie "pi" and some old woman who is actually a cooking
spy with the codename name "Mrs. Smith" and her "supposed" after dinner
dessert. After we convert the octal valued octets into decimal, and
perform reverse DNS and find that IP address actually pointing to any of
the above three web sites, we will REALLY KNOW THE TRUTH!

Oh, but I work for the gov. Ooops.

*Ahem* Gee. Nevermind. Nothing to see here. Move along.

-ME