[vox-tech] jay and dselect

Cam Ellison vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:07:54 -0800

* Jay Strauss (jjstrauss@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Well, I don't remember if I was in the same session.  But, I installed
> (again) on a different system (at work), I read Pete's doc (to which I ha=
ve
> some edits).  On my new system I can't get X to work (surprise surprise).
>=20
> But I ran: XF86Setup
>=20
> seems to be alright now, except there are too many resolutions, that is, I
> can hit cntl-alt +/-  8 or 9 times to make a complete cycle.  Most don't
> display correctly
>=20

Which version of X are you using?  It makes a big difference.  You have to=
=20
set up 3.3.6 one way, and 4.0.1 (or 4.0.2) an entirely different way.

What does "Most don't display correctly" mean?  Please elucidate.  It sound=
s=20
as though you didn't limit the number of displays (there are quite a few=20
possible, and I doubt you need them all).

X can be touchy, but as of version 4, installation and setup are a lot easi=
er,
 not that tweaking isn't necessary.

Cam

--=20
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
=46rom Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast
camellison@dccnet.com
cam@fleuryassociates.com