[vox-tech] bootdisk with samba mounting support needed

Stephen M. Helms vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 08:53:47 -0800

Demolinux can do this if it can detect / install your network card.  I have had
problems with it on some laptops.  Laptops with pcmcia network adapters are not
always detected either due to the pcmcia bus not being detected or the network
card itself.

If I remember correctly Ryan is using a laptop.  That is why I mention this.

Another thing to try is getting the dos based pcmcia and network card drivers.
You can then make a TCP/IP based boot disk and use the net use command from dos.
Not the easiest thing to do, but I have some examples if needed.