[vox-tech] ip_masq-quake.o

vox-tech@lists.lugod.org vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 22:50:28 +0000

IIRC, ipchains and ipfw didn't handle "related" ip
traffic. It was one of the most annoying features of
that firewalling code. You had to load other modules so
that related ip traffic could follow the same rules.
With the masq modules you could define one set of rules
for say ftp and then realted ip traf could be handled.

I remember having alot of trouble with FTP until I RTFM
and loaded the right modules.

-doug