[vox-tech] Laptop Computer setup for IF

vox-tech@lists.lugod.org vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:47:51 -0400

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 09:48:45PM -0700, Henry House wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 06:34:09PM -0700, Rusty Minden wrote:
> > I have set aside about 17GB for the /home directory.
> >
> > 1 ftp directory in the /home or in a different directory

ultra short version for now:

- http is better for this task than ftp.
  don't bother with setting up ftp server.
- I recommend making /home as big as possible.  I use /home/debian/mirror
  for mirror, and have apache export that as /debian.

> > 2	How much space will I need.

  Current woody i386 only complete mirror (counting non-US) is just
under 5 Gigs.

> > 3	I am not sure how to set this up. I was looking at jigdo-file,
> > but I am not sure if that is the correct direction to go.
>
> Perhaps Mike can explain to you how to create the mirror.

  I highly recommend my variant of the debmirror script (which
the package maintainer has not bothered to comment on), I will
send it along later.
  I have not taught it to mirror all the files required to
act as a install host... in particular the base and boot floppies
need to be downloaded manually.

    Later,
      Mike

ps:
  I conveniently forgot how much of an absolute PITA upgrading Redhat is...