[vox-tech] preventing display of typed text?

Ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:21:27 -0700

On Thursday 20 June 2002 11:36 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> without checking, i've used 2 perl modules that might help:
>
> term which implements the advanced features that termcap provides like
> underlining and boldfacing text
>
> ncurses which basically implements the C style ncurses library.
>
> i would imagine both modules allow you to do this.  in fact, i _know_
> that C/ncurses has a function to block echo in raw mode.  i'm guessing
> that perl/ncurses can do this too.

I prefer a solution that is platform independant and non perl specific if=
=20
possible, i.e., I may want to do something in bash or write a cross-platf=
orm=20
perl script.

--=20
Breaking Windows isn't just for kids anymore...