[vox-tech] Seeking: HD box, ethernet cable.

Stephen M. Helms vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 11:56:34 -0700

msimons@moria.simons-clan.com wrote:

>Morning,
>
>HD Box:
>  I'm looking to borrow a box to ship a standard 3.5" hard drive, need
>foam padding box, included.  To ship a IBM drive back for replacement.
>If you don't want the return box back afterwards that's okay.
>
>Ethernet cable:
>  If anyone has a spool of Ethernet cable and a crimper that they would
>consider loaning out please let me know.  I'd like to do a two day
>wiring project... I doubt I need more than 30 meters of cable but I'll
>compensate for the supplies (cable, tips).
>
>    TTFN,
>      Mike

Hi Mike,

I actually have both a box and cable.  The hard drive box is labled
Maxtor all over it (retail package).  You may want to just use the foam
from it though and put it in another box.  The cable is blue cat5 cable.
 Crimper is just a simple Radio Shack model (I misplaced my high end Amp
model) and I think I may have a few RJ45 connectors.

Stephen