[vox-tech] Problem using GUI apps for dialup/PPP in RH7.3

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 13:10:27 -0700

Good suggestions.  I would add that:

(a) minicom is good for testing the modem; by default it
    expects "/dev/modem" to point to the right device.

(b) kppp is best dialup GUI I've seen.  It's part of KDE
    but should run OK under Gnome.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/