[vox-tech] External IDE Drive Converter

David Margolis vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 00:13:03 -0700 (PDT)

yeah, i pretty much agree with your opinion of usb.  i've had stupid
problems with usb devices on the os it's supposed to work on.

i did however, get my usb gamepad working, and i've never had any luck with a
regular gamepad (sound card/midi connector).  so it was fun to
steer around in heretic 2 using a usb device all under linux, but i've
wasted countless hours messing with a webcam that only sort of works.

i'd just love a way to make use of either my extra hd or my extra cd-rw in
a portable way (the interface doesn't concern me).  so i'll play around
and report back if i get anything working.

dave