[vox-tech] Change mail host, lose e-mails?

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 31 May 2002 19:37:41 -0700

Regardless of forwarding, it seems to me there will inevitably
be a period of time when some of a given user's unread mail=20
will be on one server and some of it on another.  Even some=20
mail that the user has read will need to be preserved.

So either already-received mail needs to be copied over (this
is not the same as forwarding), or the user needs the ability=20
(briefly, not for weeks) to connect to both servers.  This
can be automated with most mail clients -- someone has to do
it, but it's just an administration task like many others.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/