[vox-tech] bootable partition question

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 07:34:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Rick Moen wrote:

> Quoting Mark K. Kim (markslist@cbreak.org):
==8<--
> > But as I always recommend, leave the MBR alone as other OSes (Windows,
> > OS/2, etc.) will write over it like it were a teacher grading your quiz.
>
> OS/2 doesn't (if fading recollection suffices).

It did when Ajay lent OS/2 Warp to me to try out.  He swore it shouldn't
overwrite MBR without my permission, but it overwrote it when all I did
was just run their installer's fdisk-like program (I don't think I even
committed the changes I was twiddling with).  I forever complained to him
about that one, never went through with the installation, and went right
back to Windows and reset the active flag to Linux.

Not that I didn't appreciate your lending me OS/2, Ajay :)

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/