[vox-tech] Filesystems on linux for kids.

Stephen M. Helms vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:01:13 -0400 (EDT)

I was wondering what file system would be better to setup on a child's computer?
 I have setup my kids systems as dual boot systems with win98 and debian
(testing) linux.  Debian is currently using a ext2 filesystem.  The problem is
that my kids will just reboot there computer sometimes without shuting it down
properly.

Would it be better to have ext3 or reiserfs as the main filesystem?

Also, I was looking at the progeny graphical loader and thought that this would
make a good installer to install a kid friendly version of linux such as debian
with the debian-jr package for example.  Anyone interested in making this a
project?  We could also have a LUGOD installer!

Stephen