[vox-tech] local perl training?

Ted Deppner vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:26:14 -0700

I've got a few novice shell scripts I'd like to send to some local perl
training classes.

Figured I'd ask the list, as you all seem well connected and knowlegable
about local resources.

Optimally, I'd like 3 to 5 day class, $2k to $3k, that'll pump out a
beginning perl programmer with enough training to self-propel themselves
forward.  I'd prefer a linux focus, strong in data manipulation (not
simply glorified shell scripting).  The people are already knowlegable in
a skill area (eg sysadmin, network engineer), and light scripting
experience.  This'd be the first programming exposure, but they're smart
and used to problem solving.

Any ideas or experiences?  I see some local Sun ONE classes, but the
course seems a little skimpy to me, and of course based on Sun.  Sierra
College is also offering a perl class next semester, but that's weeks
long.  I may send people to that too though, to flesh out their perl
knowledge.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.psyber.com/~ted/