[vox-tech] video garbage

Sat, 27 Jul 2002 19:23:36 -0700

begin Gabriel Rosa <grosa@ucdavis.edu>
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>

> > sarge now has X 4.1.  go get yourself a nice radeon 7500.
> >

> Hah! This card kicks the radeon 7500's butt a couple of times around
> the block :)
>
> -Gabe

for what?  the radeon QC (1st generation radeon) has treated me well.
in fact, better than your card treated you.

past a certain frame rate, the card is no longer the bottleneck.  and
somewhere along the way, the human eye can't discern the difference.

so other than increasing the nvidia coffers, what does your card do for
you that a cheaper card can't handle?

pete