[vox-tech] video garbage

Gabriel Rosa vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 06:16:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> one more piece of input.  your problem library is libGLcore.a.  look at
> a typical error:
>
>    Symbol __glXFree from module
>    /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a is unresolved!
[snip]

I didn't RTFM.

You're supposed to not load GLcore and dri xfree modules when using nvidia
stuff. Nevertheless...

*sigh*, I'm hesitant to consider this a linux problem. After all, I had a
working setup until windows crashed. (and if I plug in my spare disk, with
windows on it and boot it, the display is all garbled, albeit working)

My gut tells me that I'm chasing wild geese by tweaking the config. I'm
starting to think that somehow, somewhere, my videocard got hosed.

I'm gonna take a trip to Fry's and get it replaced.

> pete
>
> ps- what the HECK are you doing up at 4 in the morning?  get to sleep!
> the sun is coming up in 2 hours!  :-)

Getting frustrated by my shiny new kick-ass videocard that essentially blew up
I'm very impressed with this card, it's very annoying that this had to happen.
:/

-Gabe