[vox-tech] video garbage

Gabriel Rosa vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 02:06:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all,

I recently upgraded my desktop machine and added a asus gf4 4400 card.
I got tired of waiting for the NWN linux client to come out, so in a fit
of desperation, i installed windows on a spare drive.

After many days of intense hacking and spellcasting, the game froze for the
first time, garbling the screen.

I rebooted, and on reboot the screen was still garbled.

When I booted back into linux, I got the nvidia splash screen (garbled) and
nothing.

I have checked google, and the solution seems to be 'reseat the card'. I have
reseated the card, rebooted numerous times, checked the card temperature (it
runs very cool), powered off for a while, and nothing seems to work. (although
it did work once after the garbling event, but no more). Console works fine.

my system is a

Athlon MP1800+ on a Tiger MPX
512mb DDR
Asus GF4 4400