[vox-tech] question about trust (gpg)

Rick Moen vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:06:08 -0700

> is the standard operating procedure to send a copy of my key, along
> with the new people who signed it, to the people who previously signed
> my key?

The _easy_ way to deal with this dilemma is for people occasionally to
update their on-file signatures from public keyservers.  (Send yours
up to any pgp.net keyserver, and they'll propagate quickly to the
others.)

Of course, some have argued that having keys and signatures available in
public is a _breach_ of privacy, in the sense that it allows your local
dictatorship's Gestapo to determine in a cryptographically authenticated
fashion where you were and with what enemies of the state you consorted
on particular occasions (keysigning events).  I mention that just in the
name of completeness.  ;->

--
Cheers,               It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Rick Moen          It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,