[vox-tech] can YOU be certified?!?

Troy Arnold vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 17:33:41 -0700

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 10:47:20AM -0700, Ryan wrote:

> On Sunday 21 July 2002 09:57 am, ME wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > This is a bad Question, but so far not as bad as Qs from the MS Cert
> > exams. I seem to recall one MS cert Q asking about solutions for mail
> > service  *requiring* the user to choose "the best soltution for this would
> > be installation of MS Exchange."

That's sick.  Not surprising, but sick.

> Now, I'm going to install a mail server for my domain next weekend, postfix
> or qmail? I like the user+foo@domail -> user@domain (postfix calls it
>  address extensions and uses recipient_delimiter to specify the character,
> anyone know offhand if qmail can do this?)

By default in qmail, user-foo@domain goes to user.  I usually run qmail on
my servers, but have been playing with postfix on a development box.  I
personally prefer qmail at the moment, but that may certainly be due to
familiarity.  postfix is definitely more sendmailish.  qmail, (like most
djb-ware) has it's own peculiar way of doing things.

> - --
> Windows 98 - the operating system of world records!
> 100 million sold copies, 200 million installed copies,
> 200 billion crashes.

-troy (newbie on vox-tech, been digging those win98 .sigs!)