[vox-tech] hold on to your hats - perl vs python

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 00:30:00 -0700

On Friday 19 July 2002 11:49 pm, Micah Cowan wrote:
> ... What is particularly disturbing is the amount of Perl code which
> is not only illegible, but also quite poorly designed...

All programming languages, like human languages, can be (and
unfortunately usually are) used poorly.

To digress a bit... all this discussion about the merits of=20
different languages is amusing to me.  We might as well=20
argue over whether English, Russian or Swahili is "better".
Over the years I've become quite language-agnostic.

In the final analysis, doing a good job with any of them is=20
rare enough, and a thing to be admired.

Cheers and good night.  :-)

-- Rod