[vox-tech] hold on to your hats - perl vs python

Rick Moen vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:58:15 -0700

Quoting Micah Cowan (micah@cowan.name):

> gawk has a variety of extensions; if you write to that, you will have
> a hard time porting it to other systems (as you've discovered).

If you ever buy FSF's book on gawk, you'll notice one of the really neat
things about it in the back:  It details how to implement all of gawk's
extensions in _other_ implementations of awk.  Very sweet.

Personally, I'd rather just install gawk.

rick@linuxmafia.com     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.