[vox-tech] hold on to your hats - perl vs python

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 00:01:32 -0700

begin Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us>
> On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > jeff newmiller got me thinking about switching from perl to python as my
> > main scripting language of choice.
> >
> > i'd like to hear the opinions of anyone who has actually MADE the switch
> > from perl to python as their scripting language of choice.
>
> Perhaps you would like to read what Eric Raymond had to say about it.
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NS-lj-issues/issue73&file=lstoc

that's a good link.  i guess you can measure a programmer's worth by
what he considers a "long" perl program.  i would've called 100 lines of
perl endless.   :-)

mulling... mulling... mulling...

pete