[vox-tech] InstallFest

Larry Ozeran vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 00:31:05 -0700

Rusty --

Old info, but hopefully useful for your purposes. I received a free copy of
Oracle 8i (8.1.5) for Linux about 2 years ago when Oracle was trying to
promote their system (Linux was hot in the stock market). At that time it
required a minimum of 128 MB memory, with a recommendation for 512 MB RAM.
Unless the installee plans to upgrade memory, I doubt Oracle from version 8
to present will run. Also, the install was not very straightforward, though
perhaps a newer version has a cleaner / simpler interface.

-- Larry