[vox-tech] Wine and HW access?

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:56:57 -0700

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

begin Ryan <ryan@mother.com>=20
>=20
> On Tuesday 16 July 2002 11:28 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > > Anyway, can Wine intercept access to the printer port and support it =
as
> > > VMware does?
> >
> > wine boasts parallel port access too.  transgaming (winex) has it turned
> > off by default for some reason.  if you use winex,
>=20
> Yeah, I've bought 3 month pre-paid subscriptions twice, primarily to avoi=
d=20
> having to configure wine myself.
=20
yeah.  even if you don't play any games, winex is *worth* 5 bucks a
month because:

a) it's a worthy cause
b) it *really* dumbs down configuring wine.  i'm happy being dumb about
   wine.  :)

> >you'll have to
> > download the cvs version and compile it yourself.  at least, that's what
> > was explained to me (i had posted a question of printer access under
> > winex).
>=20
> Arg.... But that will not have support for some of the copy protection an=
d=20
> other closed source bits of WineX.....
=20
yeah, that's a good point.

tell you what.  the guy who answered my question wasn't REALLY clear
about it.  maybe you can glean some info which i glossed over.

i had posted a message about the "cd stomper pro".  i was able to design
CD jewel case covers and CD artwork, but i couldn't get it to print.  i
posted a message in one of the forums about it, and got one or two
search utility is like, but hopefully they'll have something which will
allow you to find my post and peoples' responses.

look for +cd +stomp +printer in the support forum.  it was about ....
hmmmm..... 3-6 months ago.

let me know about your progress.  i'm interested.

pete

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7--