[vox-tech] Maxtor Ultra ATA/133 PCI Adapter Card (K01PCAT133)

Doug Huckaba vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:15:17 -0700 (PDT)

Does anybody out there have any experience with this card? The box I'm
planning on putting this in has:

ASUS P5AB
VIA Apollo VP3 chipset (VT82C597) (onboard ide bus = ata/66)
AMD K6 500
Kernel 2.4.18 (debian woody, custom kernel)

I haven't decided which drives (besides the new WD 40G) will plug in, but
the newest are only ata/100.

I can't figure out what chipset the new controller card is running or what
kernel driver will apply. I have done some google searches & RTFM'd the
kernel drivers but all I can determine is that the older ATA/100 card uses
the
promise drivers, but I'm unsure if Maxtor switched contoller chips for
this line.

I purchased this on a whim while getting a new drive, but haven't opened
the box so that the return process might go a little smoother.

Unfortuantly the maxtor support site seems to think that nobody would ever
need this info because there is no mention of the tech specs.

Any insight is appriciated...

-doug