[vox-tech] TeX question: writing a robust fraction macro

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:13:39 -0700

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 06:00:51PM -0700, Shawn P. Neugebauer wrote:
[...]
> My current opinion (having blown a bit of time putting together
> this note) is to leave well enough alone.  In other words, don't
> worry about the italic issue--even latex doesn't bother with that
> (see Test 7).  Furthermore, I bet most of the time you should just=20
> spell such fractions out.  But, if you really want or need a slanted=20
> fraction, I think the myslantfrac macro below looks just fine.

The macro is to be used for typesetting a cookbook; comparable usage sugges=
ts
that fractions should be not be written out in words but should change to
italics in italic text. (Keeping maths in roman in italic blocks is of cour=
se
the correct usage in the mathematical papers for which LaTeX was designed.)

Thanks for the suggestions!

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=