[vox-tech] ODE solvers in C

Bill Broadley vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 01:33:31 -0700

> note, as of right now, there are no free f90/95 compilers which can
> cramp a person's style, but g95 is in the works right now.

Free?  Intel's compiler is cost $0.00 for an edu/personal license.
Granted, no source, no right to redistribute.  But at least it's
free for .edu's, and it produces quite good code as well.  Despite
it being from intel, it seems to work quite well on athlons as well.

Of those hacking around with C, the new gcc-3.1 is also quite impressive,
much better on the C++ side, much faster, I've even seen it beat intels
compiler on some codes.  Intel's compiler is generally considered one
of the fastest, and is the compiler people most often use to show off
their hardware with the best benchmark numbers.

Gcc/egcs has really taken off since gnu abandonded the closed development
model.

--
Bill Broadley
Mathematics