[vox-tech] running service as a different user

Jan Wynholds vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:46:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Patrick:

Can't you use xinetd?  I think it might be what you're looking for.

I think that xinetd just listens on the port and handles the starting of the
server.

Here is a sample of how telnet works through xinetd

service telnet
{
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream