[vox-tech] html question

Jim Angstadt vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 07:34:34 -0700 (PDT)

> i'm looking through the roselug pages, and i'm
> seeing THEAD, TFOOT and
> TBODY tags.
>
> i've never seen these tags before.   are these IE
> extensions?

Hi Pete,

Please see:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html#h-11.2.3

Extract:

Table rows may be grouped into a table head, table
foot, and one or more table body sections, using the
THEAD, TFOOT and TBODY elements, respectively. This
division enables user agents to support scrolling of
table bodies independently of the table head and foot.
When long tables are printed, the table head and foot
information may be repeated on each page that contains
table data.

In practice, I've not seen these used in that way.

---
Jim