[vox-tech] Safe to run 486dx2 w/o fan?

Ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:30:41 -0800

http://support.intel.com/support/processors/embedded/intel486/8005.htm
"The Intel 486DX2=AE microprocessor is specified for operation when Tc (T=
he=20
Case Temperature) is within range of 0 degrees C to 85 Degrees C. Tc may =
be=20
measured in any environment to determine whether the Intel486DX2=20
microprocessor is within specified operating range. The case temperature=20
should be measured at the center of the top surface opposite the pins."

That's what, 150 F?