[vox-tech] Re: Tripp Lite UPS

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:39:18 -0800

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 04:23:44PM -0800, hajhouse wrote:
> I have decided to get a UPS. Looking through the list archives, I determi=
ned
> that:
>=20
> 1. APC products are to be avoided.
> 2. Best power products are recommended.
>=20
> Alas, Best Power's line seems to be much too expensive. I am looking for
> something in the $200--$300 range. Can anyone comment on Tripp Lite produ=
cts?
> They advertise in Linux Journal, so presumably their units work well with
> Linux.

Sorry to reply to my own post. A little searching turned up:

	http://www.us.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=3D10234009&loc=3D494

which is described as "Ellipse 1200 RS232 free standing UPS 1200VA". It is
made by MGE. The price and specs look good, but I hope to hear a
recommendation or experience before I buy it.

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=
gp>