[vox-tech] Re: Wireless ethernet trobleshooting.

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:51:20 -0800

Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> > Knowing this, the problem must be with the wireless itself. Is there any way
> > to further diagnose what the problem with their connection might be?
>
> I don't know.  I would look for lower-level troubleshooting tools for this
> technology.. I have not played with wireless.

And I didn't know anything about wireless ethernet when I started this. The problem turned out
to be a fairly simple one - the ESSID on the router had set itself back to the default
"linksys", and so it didn't match any of the wireless cards that were in use around the house.
Oy, such a simple setting I learned about today. I'll look at a howto to see if there are any
other wireless ethernet secrets I may need to deal with.