[vox-tech] stable web browser?!?

ME vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:11:42 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Holland, Matt wrote:
> >> Hmm. Lynx is rather stable. ;-)
> Cute.  Now how about a stable *graphical* browser.  I'm serious, this
> Netscape crap is killin' me.

Yeah, I was being a smart ass.

Fun at the cost of other aside, I have found both Mozilla and Netscape to
be stable when used for simple browsing. Addition of Java and Java Script
adds functionality and instability as does Shockwave, and Acrobat plugins
and RealPLayer plugins etc. There was a time with an old Debian install
where Netscape would crash often, but a hand-rewrite of mime type extions
and associated applications with a recent copy of Netscape installed by
hand made most of those problems go away.

I have tried to track down the causes for browser bugs and then see what
can be done to upgrade support applicatins related to the problem.

-ME