[vox-tech] .asx player for Linux?

Richard S. Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 11:04:36 -0800

I love the idea of LUGOD taking part in helping to underwrite CPR, and I=20
love KXJZ and listen to it whenever I can.

KXJZ streams their current show from their website at=20
http://www.csus.edu/npr/.  Unfortunately, while KQED in SF streams their=20
shows in .wav, so it can be played with Real Player, KXJZ streams it in=20
.asx.  In Windows, I can use Windows Media Player to listen to their=20
stream, but I can't use Real in Linux.

Is there a tool which I can use to listen to .asx files in Linux?  I found=
=20
mplayer at http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/  but I'm not sure if that will=
=20
be the best tool.

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K   ICQ: 11646404  Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com

"It is only with the heart that we see rightly; what is essential is=20
invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exup=E9ry

"Push the button, Max!"