[vox-tech] How do I make SSH connect anyway if a host's IP has changed?

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 18:34:03 -0800

On second thought, I think that I'm getting the same IP each time, but different host keys
each time, considering my errors, and considering that I have 'CheckHostIP no' set. Error is
included:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the DSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the DSA key sent by the remote host is
97:fd:25:4a:1f:c3:b4:80:9e:e7:b1:7b:0b:d6:e3:ae.
Add correct host key in /home/bloom/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /home/bloom/.ssh/known_hosts:4
Password authentication is disabled to avoid man-in-the-middle attacks.
Permission denied (publickey,password).

There was much rejoicing when Ken Bloom <kabloom@ucdavis.edu> spoke thus: