[vox-tech] How do I make SSH connect anyway if a host's IP has changed?

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:34:58 -0800

The Electrical and Computer Engineering department has set up a system where, by connecting to
the address snake.ece.ucdavis.edu, the department hands off connections to the least busy HP
computer in their lab.  I was trying, today to use ssh to connect to these HP computers by
SSH. The first try, (and some random tries after that), SSH would connect OK. Most other
times, however, the remote computer would fail the test because I was being handed off to a
different HP system.

I am currently trying to connect using a shell script I created named snake:

#! /bin/bash
cat > ~/.sshconfig << ENDOFCONFIG
StrictHostKeyChecking no
CheckHostIP no
ENDOFCONFIG
ssh -F ~/.sshconfig kabloom@snake.ece.ucdavis.edu

(neither of these configuration options seem to be doing the trick, even after I deleted the
offending key from ~/.ssh/known_hosts)

Is there any way to make SSH ignore the tests that it uses to verify host authenticity when
I connect to snake.ece.ucdavis.edu?