[vox-tech] palm questions

Jeff Newmiller vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:53:07 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> can palm OS be updated to a more recent version?

Palm OS can be and is updated periodically.

Now whether that has anything to do with the copy in your pda is another
matter.  My low-end Visor has a rom... no upgrading.  At least some true
Palm hardware has flash ram... I don't know whether all of them do.

> is it possible to modify palm OS the way you can with a linux PDA?

Not the same way, but you should be able to create OS extensions if
you read the documentation carefully enough.... similar to drivers under
MacOS or Windows.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing