[vox-tech] Oh my God! What have I done to my poor Linux box?!!?

Richard S. Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 20:17:18 -0800

Armed with a CompUSA gift certificate that a friend of mine gave me for my=
=20
birthday, I went today and picked up RH7.2 to upgrade my system, something=
=20
I've been meaning to do for awhile.

So I started the upgrade process, and everything appeared to go=20
smoothly.  I created the boot disk (because I'm not ready to try to zark my=
=20
Win2k installation, which I still use, by messing up a LILO or GRUB=20
installation) as normal.  But when I try to boot into RH7.2, I get the=20
following:

         BOOT FAILED

That's it.  Nothing.  Not even a friendly "Kernel panic!" message, which=20
I've encountered enough times to deal with at this point.

It could be that I just chose a bad disk to create my boot disk on, but I=20
fear that something more nefarious might be happening.  Anyone have any=20
suggestions?

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K   ICQ: 11646404  Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com

"It is only with the heart that we see rightly; what is essential is=20
invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exup=E9ry

"Push the button, Max!"