[vox-tech] underclocking

Sat, 5 Jan 2002 16:44:06 -0800

almost certainly not.  my 233 just has a heat sink, and it's not all
that impressive of a heat sink either.  you certainly don't have a
temperature monitor in your BIOS if its a P120, but i'm fairly sure
that the system would just freeze up if things got too hot.  i don't
think the chips would damage.  as opposed to, say, an athlon which is
considerably more fragile.  i'm a little surprised that anyone would say
that a PIII can run without a fan, however, i really don't know much
about PIII's other than they come after the 2 and before the 4.  :)

however, let me end this email by saying the obligatory -- no warranties
are implied, implicitly or explicitly.  if california dumps into the
pacific because your system overheated, don't blame me!  i'm just
telling you my own experience.  take yer own risks.

pete

begin Ryan <ryan@mother.com>