[vox-tech] recursive ftp

Aaron King vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:49:09 -0800

Ganesh,

I may not understand all the nuances of your request, but you might do well
to have a look at unison:
	http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/
It claims to be capable of synchronizing across Linux, Unix, Solaris, and
Windoze platforms.  I have only used it to synchronize different linux boxes,
but it seems to work very well.  It is GPL'ed and relatively configurable.
Binaries and source code are available for download.  GUI and text-based
interfaces are available.  It supports ssh and rsh tunnelling as well as
socket connections.  It's a user level program and does not require suid or
root priveleges.

I'd be curious to know if this helps.

Aaron