[vox-tech] recursive ftp

Steven Peck vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:01:06 -0800

IIS Servers on NT systems, which have an ftp component have the ability
to have DOS style or UNIX style directory listings.  You might want to
make sure that the UNIX style directory structure is set that way.  It
has been a while since I played with ftp, but I am fairly sure I
remember using ncftp to get files from to my Linux box from my NT ftp
server.

The other option, depending on how much control you have over this
server is to install Cygwin tools which has rsync and a sshd
implementation.

-sp

-----Original Message-----
From: vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org
[mailto:vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org] On Behalf Of Ganesh S
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 9:27 PM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: RE: [vox-tech] recursive ftp

Thanks Mark. I just tried this but there is no response from ncftp after
the
mget. It seems like since my ftp server is a Windows NT machine which
does
not have a directory listing similar to unix (eg. The first char in the
listing is NOT 'd' for a directory like in unix), these tools may not
work
(just my guess !). How will he change directory, if it is not able to
figure
out if it is a directory or not !

Am i missing something ?

Ganesh