[vox-tech] recursive ftp

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:25:03 -0800 (PST)

I think you can do it with ncftp and some scripting.  Normally, you can
use ncftp like a normal ftp, but you can also pass a recursive option (ie:
`mget -r *`).  You can write a script and pass appropriate commands, kind
of like this:

   #!/bin/sh
   ncftp -u <username> <ftp.servername.serverdomain> <<EOF
   <password>
   bin
   mget -r /
   quit
   EOF

Of course, you'll need ncftp installed, and make the script file
executable.  Be careful about your password being in the open.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/