[vox-tech] looking for wrong .Xauthority file

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:32:28 -0800

robin,

on stock xfree86, X searches the environment variable ${XAUTHORITY} for
the location of your Xauthority file.

otherwise, it checks for .Xauthority in your home directory (or
$HOME/.Xauthority if you're using xdm).

i wasn't aware that X looked for this file when running X locally.

pete

begin Robin Snyder <resnyder@ucdavis.edu>

--
Enron..safe legal abortion..civil liberty..repealing ICBM treaty..deficit..
What's worse?  Screwing an intern or screwing an entire country?