[vox-tech] usb woes

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:42:55 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i still can't sync the visor though.  coldsync segfaulted.  recompiled
> it with -g, did a backtrace, found a null pointer dereference and sent a
> bug report to the developers.

Are you using the PalmOS sync programs?  I've read they're flaky, if it
works at all, when using USB connections.  Apparently you can get serial
connectors that work.

If you get it working, let me know -- I could use syncing on my Clie :)

> btw, i found the problem with the /proc/bus/usb entries, or lack
> thereof.   i needed to set
>
> CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS is not set
>
> and then mount the device filesystem in fstab:
>
> none       /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs default                    0 0

After mounting /proc/bus/usb, what does usbview show?

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/