[vox-tech] misc. XF86 4 upgrade and accel 3D issues

nbs vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:48:22 -0800

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 09:33:32AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> > Now, however, rather than complaining and aborting, running the 'tuxracer'
> > executable actually kills my X server!
>
> definitely contact the author.

Actually, I noticed that switching video modes (ie, CTRL-ALT-Num-Plus/Minus)
did the same thing.  I compared my XF86Config and XF86Config-4, and it looked
like I gave the wrong video timings. ;)

Now TuxRacer loads and the menu runs much more quickly, but polygon rendering
is still slow...

<snip>
> satan# auto-apt search glx.h
> usr/include/GL/glx.h    devel/mesag-dev