[vox-tech] aggressive spam headers

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:21:51 -0800

I would say that the person who replied to you screwed up.
Their system definitely delivered the offending message:

$ nslookup -sil 207.217.120.218
Server:         66.51.205.100
Address:        66.51.205.100#53

218.120.217.207.in-addr.arpa    name =3D bluejay.mail.pas.earthlink.net.

$ whois 207.217.120.218

OrgName:    EarthLink Network, Inc.
OrgID:      ERTH

NetRange:   207.217.0.0 - 207.217.255.255
CIDR:       207.217.0.0/16
NetName:    EARTHLINK-CIDR
NetHandle:  NET-207-217-0-0-1
Parent:     NET-207-0-0-0-0
NetType:    Direct Allocation
NameServer: DNS1.EARTHLINK.NET
NameServer: DNS2.EARTHLINK.NET
NameServer: DNS3.EARTHLINK.NET
Comment:    ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate:    1996-10-04
Updated:    2001-10-09

TechHandle: DAE4-ARIN
TechName:   Domain Administrator, Administrator
TechPhone:  +1-404-815-0770
TechEmail:  arinpoc@corp.earthlink.net

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE60-ARIN
OrgAbuseName:   ABUSE TEAM
OrgAbusePhone:  +1-404-815-0770
OrgAbuseEmail:  ABUSE@corp.earthlink.net

OrgTechHandle: ELNK-ORG-ARIN
OrgTechName:   EarthLink, Inc.
OrgTechPhone:  +1-404-815-0770
OrgTechEmail:  arin_tech@lists.corp.earthlink.net

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

On Friday 06 December 2002 03:37 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> [...]
> > should come with an award for needed security services. This could be=
 an
> > armed guard at her door twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week; a
> > guard to travel with her, leaving one watching her home. It could mea=
n a
> > guard watching her abuser. It could mean cuffing abusers and monitori=
ng
> > their movements. It could mean bonding them. </P> <P>It should always
> > mean that abusers will pay the costs of their behavior. </P> <P>When =
you
> > hit them in the pocketbook it will change their choices and their
> > behavior. </P> <P>Making sure they pay opens up a whole new range of
> > possibilities. </P> <P>We all know that violence happens up and down =
the
> > economic spectrum, it is just uncomfortable for us to admit that peop=
le
> > we know are battered and silent through fear. This is the ugly little
> > secret finally making its way out through the courageous acts of wome=
> > who dare to share. </P> <P>Awards exacted from abusers who are wealth=
> > should be punitive thus helping us pay for victims of risk at lower
> > economic levels. Awards can be securitized and bundled into financial
> > instruments, sold and traded. It can be done. I have consulted econom=
ists
> > and financial experts across the country. </P> <P>There is a lot to b=
> > done and I need your help. Make a donation to our nonprofit, the Wome=
n's
> > Institute. Join us as a member. Down load our articles and follow the
> > development of the program so that it can be offered where you live.
> > Volunteer to help us do just that. We are heavily dependent on volunt=
eers
> > across the country. Real change starts in the heart and in the commun=
ity
> > that surrounds it. </P> <P>Today my daughter is living in hiding far =
from
> > New York while her abuser walks free. He has friends with power who a=
re
> > perfectly willing to use it. This, too, must change. </P> <P>My daugh=
ter
> > understood the risks she was taking. She decided that pursue her abus=
er
> > through the system so that other women after her will be able to live
> > free of fear. I am proud of the choice she made even as I fear for he=
> > life. While in New York she experienced two break-in attempts to her
> > security apartment. </P> <P>Help us celebrate the birth of a new free=
dom
> > from violence starting in 2003. Help make this coming year one that w=
ill
> > be remembered as the year we said NO to violence and meant it. </P>
> > <P>Safe at Home is something we all need to be able to feel. </P> <P>=
God
> > bless and keep you.</P>
> ><P>Melinda Pillsbury-Foster,</P>
> ><P>President, Women's Institute and </P>
> ><P>Morgan's Mom </P>
> ><P>&nbsp;</P>
> ><P>Read more:</P></FONT><U><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" color=3D#000=
0ff>
> ><P>http://womensinstitutes.com/ej_ending_violence.html</P></U></FONT><=
FONT
> > face=3D"Times New Roman"> <P>Join us and support our
> > work:</P></FONT><U><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" color=3D#0000ff>
> > <P>http://womensinstitutes.com/join.html</P></U></FONT><FONT face=3D"=
Times